Once the application is received, it will be reviewed to ensure that it is a form approved by the Authority and accompanied by the necessary support documents and prescribed fee. The applicant will receive an email or letter acknowledging receipt of the application, including request for more information if needed.
What will be taken into account when assessing the application?
Criteria of assessment is based on:
- Principles of radiation protection
- Dose Limitation
- Principles of security of radioactive material
- International Best Practices
In brief, the Authority will consider the following during the assessment of your application:
- Has the applicant shown a capacity to comply with the Act, regulations and licence conditions?
- Does the application include all the information asked for by the Authority?
- Does the information provided establish that the radiation devices, radioactive material or the practice will be dealt with without undue risk to the safety and security of persons and the environment?
- Has the applicant shown that the likelihood of potential exposures will be as low as reasonably achievable?
Licence Application Fees
Refer to the third schedule of the Legal Notice No. 160 or consult the Authority